- Provide evaluation and treatment of patients rehabilitation needs.
- Therapeutic exercises for muscle conditioning and strengthening to regain functional mobility and gross motor skill.
- Home safety assessment and instruction
Occupational Therapy Services
- Provide training for activity of daily living to maximize the patient’s functional independence within his or her home.
- Evaluation and Training in adaptive equipment.
- Studies, evaluates, and records patient’s activities and progress.
Occupational Therapy Interventions
Occupational therapy differs from physical therapy in many ways; although the end goal is essentially the same – to improve the quality of life for our clients. The focus of occupational therapy is on improving the performance of essential daily tasks, thereby making them easier to accomplish.
Our occupational therapists will look at daily tasks that may be difficult for our clients and devise a systematic plan that will alleviate the obstacles associated with that task. This can be accomplished in several ways, which may include changing the method used to perform the task, or by changing the activity itself.
These activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Improving memory